The tips I’m sharing have come from my mother, my grandmother and Pinterest. All of these tips have worked for me.
1. Clean your microwave and make your house smell amazing by mixing 2 cups water with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a microwave safe container. Microwave on high for five minutes, the interior of your microwave should wipe clean with a paper towel.
2. Clean your stainless steel by using a few drops of water mixed with enough cream of tartar to make a paste, wipe your stainless steel appliances with the mixture to make them look brand new.
3. Wrap wax paper around your Swiffer using about the same size as a refill cloth, wax goes on and dirt comes off.
4. After using your indoor grill, unplug it, place a wet paper towel between the lid and the surfaces. The heat causes the towel to steam and clean the grill. Wipe dry with another paper towel.
5. Instead of buying an expensive bed skirt buy another fitted sheet and cover your box spring.
6. After cleaning chrome faucets rub them with a piece of waxed paper, it keeps water spots and fingerprints from sticking to the metal.
7. Keep your brown sugar fresh by tossing a few marshmallows in the bag to keep it soft.
8. Wet a piece of newspaper and place in a container in your fridge. All of the fridge odors absorbe into the newspaper.
9. To keep red sauces from staining your plastic ware, spray the inside of the container with a small amount of non stick cooking spray.
10.If your plastic ware has lingering odors after you clean them, microwave with a small amount of water and lemon juice.
Do you have household tips you use? Share them with me.